1. What did you think about concert photography BEFORE enrolling in Shooting The Rockstars?
It was something which attracted me enormously. I saw these amazing photos but just didn't have a clue as to how to achieve them! Every time I was at a concert, I'd search out the photographers and try to guess what they were doing, whilst also being impossibly jealous of them! But how to begin...
2. What did you think about concert photography AFTER going through the training?
Everything fell into place and I took steps I would both never have thought of or dared before being inspired by Matthias' course. Thanks Matthias!
3. What big problem were you facing BEFORE Shooting The Rockstars? What from Shooting The Rockstars helped you solved that problem?
How to shoot other shows. I had exhausted the contacts I had and didn't know how to move further. I'm now working for a music blog in the Netherlands and am getting more and more private requests for concert photos.
4. What specific results have you achieved as the result of this training?
Even though I thought I knew all the ins and outs of low light photography, Matthias' course really hit the nail on the head. Membership of the Facebook group helped hugely too, as you can show photos you took 5 minutes ago and ask what's going on to get help from the group. No crazy annoying members of this group!
5. What would you tell another “new student” of Shooting The Rockstars? What words of advice would you have now that you’ve gone through the program?
Keep on going, don't give up and work on your voice. When starting out you think the technical part is the challenge. It's not. It's bending the technical part to fit what you want to show and say in each shot.